No, not because I watched Crazy Rich Asians.

tumblr_mjco89cUVY1rkz363o1_1280.jpg

For the record,

I bought my plane ticket before I even watched the movie (it’s a pretty good movie to be fair though). Back in college, I was fortunate enough to spend a semester abroad in Beijing, China. I spent about 3% of my time doing classwork and the remaining 97% traveling within China and also made stops to Korea, Japan, Thailand, and the Philippines. To this day, that was the best period of my life. After that experience, I knew I had to move to Asia at some point.

Fast forward to 2019, I’m ready to make the jump. During the planning phase, I shortlisted all the major business hubs: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, etc. I eventually landed on Singapore given that 1) English is still the first language and 2) it is central and cheap to travel elsewhere in southeast Asia. Also, according to all of my YouTube research, the food seems pretty bomb as well! :)